Recent News from Lynn
- In June, I focused in the recording studio as we create my new album, RISING! I'm having fun sharing the process in my newsletter, Facebook and Instagram.
- In July, I traveled to California for intensive vocal improvisation studies with the one and only Rhiannon. Then, I worked as a power coach at a rock-and-roll empowerment camp for girls and trans youth.
- In August, I returned to part-time work as a music therapist again, building a program where I will visit patients and families in a Medical Intensive Care Unit of a local hospital.
- Sunday, 8/19 (10:30am-11:45am): I will be giving a talk (with live music and exercises) at Spirit United community in St. Paul called "Living an Improvised Life"
- Description: Lynn will be joining us to celebrate IMPROVISATION as a spiritual practice. One definition of improvisation is “the art or act of composing, uttering, arranging, or executing anything without previous preparation.” Through live music, a discussion, a few spontaneous creative exercises and a brief meditation, we’ll explore the ways we embrace (or avoid) opportunities to improvise in life, as well as the ways that spontaneous, in-the-moment creation can be a direct link to our respective relationships with Spirit!
- Thursday, 6/7 (7pm): Outdoor Performance with Lynn O'Brien + Friends @ Lake Harriet Bandshell! Bring everybody you know for a summer picnic. :)
- Thursday, 5/24 (7pm): Performance at the Good Arts Collective (downtown Minneapolis)
Local artist WaltzingonWaves has a residency at the beautiful Good Arts Collective (downtown Minneapolis), and has invited me and Rebecca Hass to perform waltzes this evening. BYOB, $7 tickets (sold at the door)! More info in the Facebook event here!
- Friday, 5/4: Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport with WaltzingonWaves (more info coming soon on this mid-afternoon performance)!
- Fri, 4/13, 3:14-4pm: Looping Vocals 101 Workshop @ 2018 MN Music Summit: Amplifying Our StoriesSingers, come learn about the technical and creative aspects of using a looping instrument to create (or even improvise) unique layers with your voice on or off stage - with artist, improviser and versatile vocalist Lynn O'Brien.
- Thurs, 3/29, 6-7pm: FREE online concert for you, to celebrate the end of her KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN for a new album!
- Thurs, 3/22, 8-10pm Concert with Andrea Sorum at 318 Cafe, Excelsior, MN (tickets only $8, you can make a reservation online here)
- Tues, 3/20, 5-6pm Lynn makes an appearance (and a couple songs) live on KFAI WomenFolk Radio!
- Fri, 3/2: Kickstarter Launch Concert @ The Warming House, Minneapolis (Doors 7:30, Concert 8pm)
- Please purchase tickets online in advance to reserve a seat. Here's the link!
- Sun, 3/4: House Concert, CHICAGO (Hermosa neighborhood) - Message me for info!
- Tues, 3/6: Sofar Sounds Show in Secret Location, Chicago - apply for tickets here, or better, yet, WIN Tickets here!
- Wed, 3/7: Concert @ The Upper Bout in Champaign, IL (Doors 7pm, Concert 7:30pm, Tickets $15)
- Fri, 3/9: House Concert in St. Louis, MO (Doors 7pm, Concert 7:30pm, suggested donation $20)
- Sat, 3/10: Private Concert in St. Louis - Message me for more info!
- Fri, 3/16 Celebration Series: The Music of Patty Griffin at The Warming House, Minneapolis, MN (Lynn will play 3 songs tonight, as will a handful of fantastic local artists - suggested donation $5-$20, all proceeds support this gem of a music venue!)